Monday, 10 December 2012
Earn Extra Money Online From Home
With more and more people switching to Firefox, things seem to be changing though. I started using Internet Explorer from version 3 onwards and still use it today. Again like most people I switched to Internet Explorer when it became part of the Windows operating system, i used it quite happily for a couple of years and then. Used Netscape Navigator as my web browser, like most people, when I first started browsing the web in the mid 1990s I.
This represents quite a move towards Firefox. 67% use Internet Explorer and 25% use Firefox, in July 2008 (the time of writing this article), one year ago 73% used Internet Explorer and 13% used Firefox; 75% of visitors used Internet Explorer and only 4% used Firefox; taking the stats from one of my sites: two years ago, for example. By looking at the web stats for the sites I can see how there seems to be a gradual shift towards Firefox. I maintain a few web sites and have done for a number of years now.
On other sites I maintain the percentage of visitors using Internet Explorer is still around the 80% mark, on the other hand. With 54% using Internet Explorer, 42% of visitors use Firefox, for one of my sites. Visitors to sites of a more technical nature are more likely to use Firefox than visitors to sites of a non-technical nature. The type of site also seems to be significant when it comes to the browsers that visitors use.
Or whether its popularity is in part due to a protest by web users who to a large extent have been forced to use Internet Explorer for so long, it will be interesting to see whether the move towards Firefox continues.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment